Sunday, February 15, 2015

Reasons Why I Blog

   In my earlier posts, I was going to tell you why I started a blog and stuck with it. And also, I cannot keep people waiting, which means that I will never pursue the career of being a waitress. But that's not the point. I'm here to once and for all tell you why I blog. Or maybe I shouldn't. Should I? Hmmm... Oh well. Since I already started it, might as well finish it. Here goes. Or actually, I'll make a list. Just give me a second while I reset the format...



Reasons Why I Blog


1. I was bored and had nothing to do


2. I liked the idea of telling people stuff about me


3. My dad was telling me to do anything else but read Keeper of the Lost Cities (I'm dead serious)


4. I was reading Shannon Messenger's blog and thinking about how awesome it was


5. I wanted to become better at writing (not that I wasn't already...)


I can't think about any more reasons to blog at the moment, 'cause I can smell cookies down stairs. Yummy...


Okay. I'm back. So, I kinda lost track there... but now I will tell you how I came up with the blog name. (Funny story, actually...)



I was using names like cindy.blogspot..., and cindyrules.blogspot... and so on. But they were all taken. I started doubting that they had any cool names left. At that moment, I was listening to (kind of obvious but...) "Sweeter than Fiction" by Taylor Swift. I realized then and there that it was such a good name. At first, I had no idea what it meant but then after a few minutes of googling, I found out that it meant "better than your imagination". I was confused at first and then I realized that it was implying that something was "too good to be true". Is that better? I loved the name and the meaning and tested it out. Nope. Taken. I was so sad. But then...BAM! The idea hits me. I am the best of the best (not to brag or anything...) So it just occurred to me, (my name's Cindy, if you didn't know that) cindyissweeterthanfiction and I typed it in. And guess what? No one used the name. I was over the top happy! So, you're welcome for the good blog name. It's just a bonus that I'm too good to be true! 



           Oh and I wanted to give you guys the link to the Taylor Swift song: