Sunday, February 15, 2015

Book Review

 

The Time of the Fireflies 
By Kimberly Griffiths Little 







   This book is definitely a keeper. Originally, I thought that it would be lame and childish but I was wrong. Really wrong. I don't really know how to summarize it in one blog post so I'm not going to summarize it. But who am I kidding? I can't leave you guys hanging! So I decided to play nice (I know, I'm really kind) and give you guys the summary, cover, and website link. 


...


...


...

(Yeah, I love doing that. Ahem. Anyway...)


The Time of the Fireflies (Summary)

"When Larissa Renaud starts receiving eerie phone calls on a disconnected old phone in her family’s antique shop, she knows she’s in for a strange summer. A series of clues leads her to the muddy river banks, where clouds of fireflies dance among the cypress knees and cattails each evening at twilight. The fireflies are beautiful and mysterious, and they take her on a magical journey through time, where Larissa learns secrets about her family’s tragic past — deadly, curse-ridden secrets that could harm the future of her family as she knows it. It soon becomes clear that it is up to Larissa to prevent history from repeating itself and a fatal tragedy from striking the people she loves.
With her signature lyricism, Kimberley Griffiths Little weaves a thrilling tale filled with family secrets, haunting mystery, and dangerous adventure."


***BTW that was NOT my summary, I simply just copied and pasted it to the document.***


Cover 


***Once again, I do not own these pictures, I just found them online and copied and pasted them***

Link for the Book: