Thursday, February 19, 2015

Chinese New Year!!!

   Hey everyone!!! As you know, from my post title, today is Chinese New Year! I'll bet that you guys have no idea what that is. Just like Americans, China, and some other parts of Asia celebrate Chinese New Year. It's a New Year. You might think of it as no big deal...but it is!!! As kids (I'm just a kid, ya know...) adults will give us red pocket/bag things. Their super small. But who cares? It's just a bag. BUT, inside  holds money!!! Not just like 5 bucks. (I mean dude, it happens once a year. Can I get more money?) We get HUNDREDS of DOLLARS from our parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins!!! How cool is that? I bet now you guys wanna celebrate it...


Happy Chinese New Year!!!

(I'll add a few more pics for you guys. I know. I'm really sweet...)


BTW, on the left side, you see the mini candle things. Their actually not candles. Their fire-crackers. Who's with me???


Temples are decorated...with LIGHT!!!


Parades are taken place all over towns and people work together to create... A DANCING DRAGON!!!


Underneath those cool coins, you can kinda see the red envelope thing I was talking about earlier. 


Here's a better picture of the DANCING DRAGONS!!! (It's okay. They're not real. No reason to be scared...)


Lanterns all around!!!


2015 is the year of the goat/sheep. 


Which animal are you? You can find out my looking for the year you were born. Like for me... I was born in 2003. So, my animal is the goat. Pretty sweet, huh? 



No comments:

Post a Comment